How does SecureBuild’s membership status levels work?
SecureBuild has developed a membership status framework that’s simple, easy to understand and transparent.
The higher your membership status level, the more benefits you receive as a result of being a member. The membership status levels are designed to reward building contractors who demonstrate and model good building and business management principles and practices.
Our assessment of your membership status level is based upon responses to questions asked during the application process. The key elements of our membership status level determination are:
- Licensing history (time) – the longer a building business has been in the industry, the higher the membership status level.
- Licensing history (conduct) – the lower the number of complaints, disciplinary actions and NCAT claims relative to the size of your building business, the higher the membership status level.
- HBC history – the absence of insolvency, bankruptcy and previous claims, the higher your membership status level.
- Financials – the better your NTA and liquidity ratio, the higher your membership status level.
- Internal Quality Assurance – the more robust a building business’s internal quality assurance processes (including systems), the higher your membership status level.
- Compliance with SecureBuild’s Terms and Conditions – the better a member demonstrates commitment to SecureBuild’s Terms and Conditions, the higher the membership status level.
As a result of the assessment process, a member (building business) will be given a rating A to E, with A being the highest and E being the lowest.
A rating will determine the level of contribution (premium) rebate to be applied to HBC certificates purchased by a building business for homeowner clients and the level of flexibility applied to a member’s turnover level.
The table below sets out the membership status levels, criteria and benefits associated with each membership level.
|MEMBER STATUS LEVELS|
An example of how the discounts will apply is set out in the table below.
|Membership Status Level||SecureBuild Contribution (Premium)||Rebate|
Contribution as at 6/12/17
Membership status levels ratings and turnover levels determine a building business’s overall SecureBuild classification.
The table below sets out the 25 possible turnover/membership level classifications.
TURNOVER/MEMBERSHIP STATUS LEVEL CLASSIFICATIONS
|Annual Turnover||$0 -<$1m||$1m – < $2m||$2m – <$5m||$5m – <$20m||$20m >|
|Membership Status Level||5||4||3||2||1|
A key benefit of SecureBuild’s membership status program, is that an A status level can be achieved without having to increase the size of your building business.
A review of membership status level of all member builders and contractors will be conducted every 12 months.
The review will be based on information received from the following sources:
- Feedback from our Building Inspectors regarding adherence to SecureBuild’s Terms and Conditions.
- Feedback from homeowner clients (who will be surveyed at the completion of every project)
- Checks with NSW Fair Trading and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal regarding your building businesses compliance with the Home Building Act 1989 and NCAT outcomes
- Information from trade credit reference providers.
Reviews do not require the submission of any information from builders and notification of the outcome is immediately sent upon the completion of the review.
There are no additional costs for this review.
What can I do to obtain a better membership status level?
Apart from maintaining a good licensing record for a number of years, there are a range of things you can do in order to achieve a better membership status level. They include:
- Maintaining excellent financials;
- Utilising a robust quality assurance process and systems;
- Abiding by SecureBuild’s terms & conditions, particularly in relation to our inspection and payments process;
- Achieving high-levels of satisfaction from your clients; and
- Immediately attending to all legitimate defect warranty issues when they arise.